[Insight-users] accelerate reading (and writing)

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Tue Oct 14 12:43:05 EDT 2008

Hello,

The other thing to look at is the file format. Other file formats, are
a header followed by raw binary data i.e. VTK NRRD. If you have hard
drive space, I'd convert the files overnight. First check to see what
the performance of reading these other file types are and make sure
it's not slow because of memory swapping.

Brad

On Oct 13, 2008, at 4:38 PM, Thorsten W. wrote:

> Hi,
> you know, i'am working with large image matrices.
> I reading a 1.88GB 26000x26000x24Bit BMP File. It takes 5 minutes!
> Writing tooks 4 minutes.
>
> Is there any possibility to update this process aside from update my
> pc?
>
> My current specifications:
> AMD Athlon 64 3200+
> New Windows XP 64Bit
> 4GB DDR-Ram
>
> I'am sorry for asking so many questions and remain
>
> kind regards,
> Thorsten

Bradley Lowekamp
Lockheed Martin Contractor for