[Insight-users] Linker conflicts from GDCM in ITK

Patrick D. Emond patrickdemond at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 15:25:48 EDT 2008

Hello,

I've been running into a problem linking to both ITK (which was built
using the internal GDCM code) and an external build of GDCM in the same
project.

I tried a few things to fix this:

1) compile ITK using the external GDCM library

  - this fails because the version of CVS version of GDCM that I'm using
doesn't seem to be compatible with ITK

2) use a different namespace in my GDCM build

  - there are still some name collisions that occur

3) only use ITK's GDCM instead of an external one

  - this doesn't work since I need to build the VTK extensions to GDCM
which are not present in ITK's GDCM source tree

4) remove all GDCM code from ITK

  - this works since I'm not using ITK's GDCM capabilities, but it's not
a good solution since I'd rather not have to maintain the custom changes
to ITK I've had to make for this to be possible

Any idea how I can get around this problem?

Patrick

(Building static release builds using NMake version 8 on Windows XP)