[Insight-users] 2D/3D Intensity based registration

pafal mastersofwar at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 16 11:32:16 EDT 2008

I have searched the forums for IntensityBased2D3DRegistration and as of yet I
have not come with a concrete response to my question.

By sifting through the IntensityBased2D3DRegistration.cxx code in great
detail, I gather the pipeline is as follows:

a) read 3D volume
b) raycast the 3D volume into a DRR image
c) similarity metric between DRR image and user input 2D image
d) optimizwe transforms.

Questions:

1- if I have three 2D images, can I use these images to estimate the pose (6
d.o.f) of the volume, or is this .cxx file only valid for a single 2D image
to 3D volume registration?

2- Is it possible initializing the transforms to identity, just like in the
3D/3D registration examples and hope that the algorithm will optimize the
transforms close to their true values?

3- I'm confused with the Readme.txt file. The pipeline is to first execute
GenerateProjection by projecting brainweb165a10f17.mha and saving into
projection.mhd.

Then we take  projection.mhd  and compare it with our own 2D image by
calling IntensityBased2D3DRegistration??

4- Are the command lines in Readme.txt copy pasted into batch files?

any insight on this would be monumental for me.

thank you

regards

P.