[Insight-users] VectorImage Orientation from NRRD

Gordon Kindlmann gk at bwh.harvard.edu
Thu Oct 16 22:13:28 EDT 2008

Hello,

Its not deference to authors that prevents changing the RAS->LPS
orientation transition behavior you ran into- its backwards
compatibility.  I agree that it might be better if readers were only
that- readers- that did no other meta-information manipulation.

Perhaps there can be some discussion here about: (1) the extent to
which LPS is really the presumed space of orientation representation
for 3D images, and (2) suggested mechanisms for disabling the RAS-
 >LPS orientation transformation.

For example, are there currently any other readers for complicated
formats, where the caller can set some state in the reader to control
what meta-information is returned by the reader, or how the meta-
information is modified?

Gordon