[Insight-users] Apply filter to only part of an image.

Mark Foskey mark.foskey at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 09:51:27 EDT 2008

I want to apply itk::GradientAnisotropicDiffusionImageFilter to only
part of an image, leaving the rest unsmoothed.  I can't see a method
in the filter itself to specify the region to be acted upon, so the
obvious thing is to extract the desired region using
itk::ExtractImageFilter and then paste the smoothed region back in
using itk::PasteRegionBackInFilter.  But I can't find a filter that
fits that description.  Is there an easy way to do what I'm trying to
do?

Thanks,
Mark