[Insight-users] problem with deforamtion field from DeformableRegistration15.cxx

pinpress sb_ji at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 22 12:23:44 EDT 2008

Hi Lars,

Let me clarify that both my fixed and moving imaging volumes were MR images
of the head from two different patients.

My outlook image looks OK -- I can clearly see that the moving image was
warped to match the fixed image volume. If I only perform rigid registration
between the two image volumes, they do not align with each other.

> Does your image coincide with the deformation grid?

Sorry Lars, I do not quite know or understand your question.

I mean that the displacement vectors I obtained from the program do not make
any sense, because it has to be nonrigid deformation in order to warp the
moving imaging volume to match the fixed one (otherwise the rigid
registration should already align the two image volumes, which it did not).
However, the displacement vectors are rigid (they linearly vary across the
space).

Hope this clarifies a little. Thanks.