[Insight-users] Reading Jpeg file

Wang, Liqin Wang.Liqin at mayo.edu
Wed Oct 22 18:20:06 EDT 2008

 Hi,All

I want to read the Jpeg file by using the following codes:

//++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 typedef itk::ImageFileReader< ImageType >  ReaderType;
  typedef itk::JPEGImageIO ImageIOType;
  // Software Guide : EndCodeSnippet

  ImageIOType::Pointer jpegIO = ImageIOType::New();

  const char * filename = argv[1];
  reader->SetFileName( filename );
  reader->SetImageIO( jpegIO );
  reader->Update();

//+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

But I kept getting the exception in the following function:

void JPEGImageIO::ReadImageInformation()
{
  m_Spacing[0] = 1.0;  // We'll look for JPEG pixel size information
later,
  m_Spacing[1] = 1.0;  // but set the defaults now

  m_Origin[0] = 0.0;
  m_Origin[1] = 0.0;

  // use this class so return will call close
  JPEGFileWrapper JPEGfp(m_FileName.c_str(),"rb");
  FILE* fp = JPEGfp.m_FilePointer;
  if(!fp)
    {
    itkExceptionMacro("Error JPEGImageIO could not open file: "
                      << this->GetFileName());
    return;
    }
    .
    .
    .

Attached is a sample jpeg image used to test the program.

Thanks for  helps.

Liqin