[Insight-users] 64 bits compilation

Monica Hernandez mhg at unizar.es
Mon Oct 27 15:05:45 EDT 2008

Dear ITK users,

I am trying to perform 64 bits ITK compilation in my cluster machine.
However, when I try to run an application that requires about 4 Gbs
of RAM it provides an std::bad_alloc error so I'm afraid I did something
wrong with the 64 bits compilation.
The gcc version installed on my cluster machine is the following

gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.1.1 20070105 (Red Hat 4.1.1-52)

If you need more information, just tell me.

Could anyone help me to find what is wrong?

Best,

Monica.

P.S. By the way, I successfully executed that application when compiling
in my 64 bits office machine
gcc --version gcc (SUSE Linux) 4.3.1 20080507 (prerelease)