[Insight-users] # of spatial samples

pinpress sb_ji at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 29 09:36:24 EDT 2008

Hi Luis,

Thanks for your expertise.

I wonder if there is a similar default value of # of spatial samples used in
MI evaluation in other types of mutual information metric, e.g., normalized
mutual information. Of course, I could do an experiment to find it out.

In addition, I wonder what happens when the requested # of spatial samples
exceeds the total # of image voxels? For example, my moving image has 1000
voxels, but I requested 2000 spatial samples to use. Then the actual # of
spatial samples would be 1000 (i.e., the maximum # of voxels) or 2000?

Thanks a lot.

Pinpress