[Insight-users] ITK example compiling problem on Linux

pinpress sb_ji at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 29 10:43:09 EDT 2008

Hi all,

This problem has now been solved. Just for the record keeping, I am posting
the solution here and hope people can reference this in the future in case
the same problem occurs.

The problem is that the generic libtiff.so symlink is not created by
default, and this is what cmake was looking for. By installing the
development package, this symlink, along with all the other headers for
tiff4, gets installed. Therefore, the solution is to install the tiff
development libraries on the Linux client. After installing these libraries,
the examples compile cleanly.

Pinpress