[Insight-users] confidence connected filter applied to brain web data: the example gives incorrect segmentation!

sara meghellati sara_meghellati at yahoo.fr
Thu Sep 11 16:01:41 EDT 2008

Hi Luis ,
Unless I'm mistaken, I have applied the confidence connected filter as descripted in the itk book page 507,  but I couldn't get te same result as in the book ! the segmentation is very bad.
I have applied this filter to the volume /BrainPart2/Brain/brainweb165a10f17.mha  using
itk::GradientAnisotropicDiffusionImageFilter
with the folling param
//filter->SetNumberOfIterations( 2 );
//filter->SetTimeStep( 0.05 );
//filter->SetConductanceParameter( 3 );
and
confidenceConnected->SetMultiplier(2.5 );
// confidenceConnected->SetNumberOfIterations(5);
// confidenceConnected->SetReplaceValue(255);
// confidenceConnected->SetInitialNeighborhoodRadius(2);

and the seeds points

InputImageType::IndexType index1;
// index1[0] = atoi("118"); // Convert a string to integer.
// index1[1] = atoi("85");
// index1[2] = atoi("92");
//
// InputImageType::IndexType index2;
// index2[0] = atoi( "63" );
// index2[1] = atoi( "87" );
// index2[2] = atoi( "94" );
//
// InputImageType::IndexType index3;
// index3[0] = atoi( "63" );
// index3[1] = atoi( "157" );
// index3[2] = atoi( "90" );
//
// InputImageType::IndexType index4;
// index4[0] = atoi( "111" );
// index4[1] = atoi( "188" );
// index4[2] = atoi( "90" );
//
// InputImageType::IndexType index5;
// index5[0] = atoi( "111" );
// index5[1] = atoi( "50" );
// index5[2] = atoi( "88" );

As you can see all the parms that I have used as the same as described in the book.
please could you chek and tell me if I'm wrong.

Thanks
Sara