[Insight-users] Performance profiling for ITK on Windows

Dan Mueller dan.muel at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 13:57:14 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I want to do some performance profiling on my ITK algorithms (ie. look
for possible bottlenecks).

Can anyone suggest a good open source or freeware performance
profiling tool giving times/hits on functions/lines of code? I am
using Windows XP/Vista, Visual Studio 8 2005, ITK 3.8, CMake 2.4.7.

If need be, I can do the profiling on cygwin if no good (free) Windows
solutions are forthcoming... Will valgrind and/or gprof work on
cygwin?

Thanks for any advice.

Regards, Dan