[Insight-users] Problem with vtk-transform to itk-transform

Carola Schmidt carola.schmidt at igd.fraunhofer.de
Fri Sep 19 05:10:09 EDT 2008

Hi, itk users,

I want to generate a mean atlas and therefore I have calculated an
icptransformation in vtk between two images. From that calculation I can
get a vtkMatrix4x4 by vtkMatrix4x4 * matrix = icpTransform->GetMatrix();.

Now I want to overlay both images as itk images. So I want to use the
calculated vtkMatrix4x4 on one itk image. For that I use a resampler:

    typedef itk::ResampleImageFilter<ImageType,ImageType >
ResampleFilterType;
    ResampleFilterType::Pointer resampler = ResampleFilterType::New();
    resampler->SetInput( image );
    resampler->SetTransform(transform);

My problem is now to give my vtkMatrix4x4 to an adequate transformation.
For example, I have tried to use Rigid3DTransform but by setMatrix(...)
I can only commit a 3x3 Matrix.
Does someone know a solution for this problem? Is there an adequate
transform which takes a 4x4matrix? Or is there a simple way to read a
rotation matrix and a translation vector out of my 4x4matrix? Perhaps
there are other ways to convert a vtktransform to an itktransform?

Thank you for an answer.

Ciao,
Caro