[Insight-users] Flat zones and labeling

Richard Beare richard.beare at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 19:37:40 EDT 2008

I can't think of any classes to do this directly, but there may be a
useful starting point inside the ITK watershed. There is a step which
requires plateaus, which I assume is what you mean by flat zones, to
be labelled. Alternatively, if you really mean regional extrema - flat
zones that are surrounded by values of strictly lower or higher value
- then the regional max and minima filters will do the job.

Note that the typical real image has heaps of flat zones.