[Insight-users] ConnectedComponentImageFilter and NumberOfThreads bug.

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Mon Sep 22 14:51:39 EDT 2008

Le 22 sept. 08 à 19:32, Greg Harris a écrit :

> ITK Folks,
>
> Since the changes of 31 July 2008 to
> itk::ConnectedComponentImageFilter that
> added multi-threading support, we have observed that when we give it a
> 3-dimensional binary brain mask image, we get different results if
> we leave
> the number of threads greater than 1.  The principal component is
> split half
> way through the image in the z direction.  The workaround is to do a
> SetNumberOfThreads(1) before the Update().
>
> Someone will probably want to add a 3-dimensional test case to the
> testing
> suite.  I could correspond with them about a nifti format brain mask
> image
> file that would exhibit this behavior, if needed.

Hi Greg,

I'm using 3D images with that filter (nearly) every days, and never
noticed any problem, so it may not be related to the 3D cases.
Can you send me your test image, so I can track the problem? Also, do
you see that problem with two threads, or do you have to set more
threads?

Sorry to have introduced a new problem, and thank you for testing ITK
unstable :-)

Gaëtan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann