[Insight-users] ConnectedComponentImageFilter and NumberOfThreads bug.

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Fri Sep 26 10:19:46 EDT 2008

Le 24 sept. 08 à 14:50, Gaëtan Lehmann a écrit :

> Le 23 sept. 08 à 00:37, Greg Harris a écrit :
>
>> Hi, Gaëtan.
>> The attached image has the data that elicited the multiple adjoining
>> component labeling, although I did a little work to extract it.
>>
>> The workstation that showed the bug is an 8-core Mac OSX  10.5.4.
>>
>> I have chosen not to send the image file through the listserv, not
>> knowing
>> if that is right to do.
>> Greg
>>

> Hi Greg,
>
> I have reproduced your problem here. It appears only with 3 threads
> or more.
> I'm checking the code in charge of merging the different parts
> produce by the different threads.
>
> Gaëtan

Greg, Richard,

I think I have fixed that bug (and the other one). It was introduced
by the multithreaded code, and was affecting only images with a
different size on the first and the last dimension, and when running
the filter with 3 threads or more. It was not related to 3D images.

Please update your copy of ITK, and tell me if everything is ok!

Thanks,

Gaëtan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann