[Insight-users] How to retrieve NIfTI orientation

Mathieu Coursolle mcoursolle at rogue-research.com
Fri Apr 3 12:15:55 EDT 2009

Hi ITK users,

I am using itkNIfTIImageIO to read some NIfTI files. The niftilib
specifies that there can be 2 transforms
in the file. One is specified by the qform_code, the other by the
sform_code.

My understanding of itkNIfTIImageIO is that it sets the orientation
using the qform_code if any, or the sform_code
otherwise.

Assuming I can have a file where the qform_code specifies the scanner
space, and the sform_code a MNI_152 space,
is there a way to get them both?

Thanks,

Mathieu
Mathieu Coursolle, M.Ing.