[Insight-users] problem with VED

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Apr 8 12:37:01 EDT 2009

Hi Wen,

This filter will only work with 3D Data.

Please note that as any good paper in the Insight Journal,

the paper:
   http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/163

is accompanied by testing data.

Look at the pair of files:

      CroppedWholeLungCTScan.mhd
      CroppedWholeLungCTScan.raw

that are included with the code.

You can use them to feed the input of this filter.
(they are a text header and pixel binary data respectively,
so you should simply use the .mhd as the input for a test).

The paper also includes the expected output images.
In this way we make Peer-Review and
"reproducibility verification" a practical reality.  :-)

Note that you can also find MRA (MR Angiography)
images in the MIDAS collection:

http://www.insight-journal.org/midas/item/view/1915

This data will be a suitable input for the
Vessel Enhancement Diffusion.

         Enjoy Open Source !
         Enjoy Open Data !