[Insight-users] ThresholdSegmentationLevelSet smoothness

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Apr 10 11:44:31 EDT 2009

Hi Oleksandr,

In order to have the curvature weight parameter to have a significant
effect on the level set you have to set it up to a value that is around
100X the one of the propagation weight. These values are relative (they
get normalized inside the filter), so their absolute values do not
matter as much as their relative values. Try pushing it to 200 times
the value of the propagation weight... or even higher.

If you get a rounded sphere as segmentation...
then you will know that you have gone too far :-)

About the first and last slice....
Well, how many empty slices are between the end of the cylinder and
the end of the image ?

You may have to add some padding slices with the PadImageFilter...