[Insight-users] 3D Rigid Registration - FixedImageRegion problem

Vural Özbudak dvozbudak at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 09:38:03 EDT 2009

Hello everyone,

I am working on 3D rigid transformation, I basically use the example code
ImageRegistration8.cxx. The difference is that I load my dicom data with a
loader which returns a vtkImage, then convert it to itk::Image with
itk::VTKImageToImageFilter (VTK2ITKconnector). I replaced the output of
fixedImageReader (I am no longer using ImageFileReader) with the output of
VTK2ITKconnector and I encountered such a problem:

ExceptionObject caught !

itk::ExceptionObject (0xa9a9490)
Location: "void itk::ImageToImageMetric<TFixedImage,
TMovingImage>::Initialize() [with TFixedImage = itk::Image<double, 3u>,
TMovingImage = itk::Image<double, 3u>]"
File: /usr/local/ITK/ITK/Code/Algorithms/itkImageToImageMetric.txx
Line: 93
FixedImageRegion is empty

Is this error stemming from the VTK2ITKconnector or the loader? I guess the
loader works fine as I checked its output with a renderer. Here is the code
for the VTK2ITKconnector:

    typedef itk::Image< double, 3 > InputImageType;
    typedef itk::VTKImageToImageFilter< InputImageType >
VTK2ITKConnectorFilterType;
    VTK2ITKConnectorFilterType::Pointer VTK2ITKconnector =
VTK2ITKConnectorFilterType::New();
    VTK2ITKconnector->SetInput( CT -> dataScalar -> getImageArray()
);                                                 // The expression in the
paranthesis is actually a vtkImage.

I appreciate your answers in advance.

--
Vural Ozbudak