[Insight-users] how to read 2D DICOM series to a JPEG2000 3D volume

kongdewen1 kong kongdewen1 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 11:52:21 EDT 2009

Hi, guys.

I am a new ITK user. when I try to read 2D DICOM series to a JPEG2000 3D
volume. when I look at the guide book. there are some problems.

1) in case no optional series identifier, we usally add the following:

if(argc>3)
{
 seriesIdentifier=argv[3]
}
 (1) what is the definition of argc?
 (2) generally, how to set the argv[3]?

2) about this setence.
    nameGenerator->SetDirectory(argv[1]);
  when I set the direction, do I just have to write the direction of the
file that contains the series?
 it is right if I put the program like this:  agv[1]="F:\\Medical
imaging\\001\\prone"
3) about the write the volume.
   will that be OK if I just write like this:

typedef itk::ImageFileWriter< ImageType JPEG2000>WriterType;
WriterType::Pointer writer=WriterType::New();
writer->SetFileName(001(proneprefer));
writer->SetInput(reader->GetOutput());
writer->Update;

Thanks a lot.