[Insight-users] gamma parameter in VED by R. Manniesing et al.

Oleksandr Dzyubak adzyubak at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 12:42:23 EDT 2009

Dear Rashindra, Luis and ITK users,

I am trying to use VED (by R. Manniesing et al.) for denoising tubular
like objects
and in particular I would like to suppress background over foreground.
 From the publication I found that it could be controlled through the
Gamma parameter.
I tried to vary Gamma in a quite wide range and I did find any
reasonable difference in the output images.

How can I increase the algorithms sensitivity to the gamma
or it is controlled by another parameter (or combination)? Which one?
Does gamma depend on the pixel size? In what manner if yes?

Thanks,

Alex