[Insight-users] Math Operations

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Thu Apr 16 05:20:49 EDT 2009

JOHN ATKINSON wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> *I need to know how to implement integral calculus operations  in itk
> for example* *∫ Cos (x-α) dα + ∫ Sin α dα .Which category of ITK need
> to be explored so as to perform intergral caluculus operations.Please
> Help.*
> **
> **
> **
> *Regards*
> **
> *John*

It will probably take some more information to

Do you intend to integrate along some axis of an image? For instance
integrating along the x-axis of a 2-d (x,y) image and create a 1-d (y)
image? Since images are discrete that's just adding up all of the x axis
samples... or since you listed a function, adding up all of the results
of the function of the image samples. Others can probably guide you in
how to make a filter to do this (much much) better than me.

Or do you want to integrate a function without an image involved?