[Insight-users] About openjpeg

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 13:53:04 EDT 2009

Hi kongdewen1,

  openjpeg comes with small cmd lines utilities which takes as input a
bunch of known format (bmp & tiff from the top of my head). So on a
typical unix environment (convert from imagemagick), this is a no-op
to generate J2K/JP2 files from almost anything. imagemagick internally
uses jasper so I would recommend *against* using the integrated
JPEG2000 codec.

2cts

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 6:27 PM, Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com> wrote:

> Hi kongdewen1,
>
> Unfortunately, no.
>
> We use openjpeg  in order to support DICOM.
>
> We don't quite have documentation on how to use the openjpeg library
> in itself. The same way that we don't have material for VXL, tiff,
> png, zlib... etc.
>
> They are considered utilities, not part of the ITK API.
>

> Regards,
>

>   Luis

> kongdewen1 kong wrote:
>>
>> Hi, guys. I am wondering there is any guide about how to use openjpeg in
>> the ITK.

>> Powered by www.kitware.com

>> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ

Mathieu