[Insight-users] Reply:Re: how to warp moving image to fixed image and the size is equal the moving image for bspline?

Han D. F jlu_hdf at 126.com
Thu Apr 16 13:48:07 EDT 2009

Hi Luis,
I would like to make my question clearly.
Suppose I have two images A (in state S_A) and B(in state S_B),  so there may be a motion field between A and B (also we can say there may be a motion field between S_A and S_B).
I want to transform A to B. If the motion between A and B is rigid, I can first find the overlap between A and B  and compute the transform matrix, then the transform matrix can be applied to every pixel in A to get a new version A'.
But the transform is non-rigid, so I only can transform the pixels in the overlaps. The pixels out the overlap can not be transfered. (my understanding is right?)
This is my main problem.  how to transform the pixels out the overlap ?

Now , let me make a summary:
(1) Image A and B have some overlap.
(2) We can compute the bspline parameters between A and B (note only valid in overlap regions ).
(3) I want to transfer every pixels in A using the spline parameters.

This is for bspline case. If I use optical flow method, the velocity is only in the overlap, how to transform the pixels out the overlap?

I am not sure if I  make it clearly.
may be my understanding is wrong.
thanks
best