[Insight-users] [insight-users] Only binary output of itkFastMarchingImageFilter?

Feng Ding carlding at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 12:53:41 EDT 2009

Dear list,

I'm trying to use itkFastMarchingImageFilter by following the examples in
the ITK source tree. Instead of getting a time arrival image which is
similar to a distance map in this case, I only got a binary image with 0
inside (a sphere) and 1.70141e+38 outside. I have tested my code on both
3.10 and 3.12 releases of ITK, and got the same results. Following is part
of my code:

// >>>>>>>>>> begin >>>>>>>>>>
   index[0] = index[1] = index[2] = 100;
   node.SetIndex( index );
   node.SetValue( 0 );
   points->InsertElement( 0, node );

   marcher->SetTrialPoints( points );
   marcher->SetSpeedConstant( 1.0 );
   marcher->SetStoppingValue( 100.0 );
   marcher->SetOutputSize( size );
   marcher->DebugOn();
   marcher->Update();
   marcher->GetOutput()->SetOrigin( origin );
   marcher->GetOutput()->SetSpacing( spacing );

   volumeWriter->SetInput( marcher->GetOutput() );
   volumeWriter->SetFileName( "volume.mha" );
   volumeWriter->Write();

Anyone can give me some suggestion on that? Thanks!

Best regards,
DING Feng