[Insight-users] Problem reading 4D Dicom datasets

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 06:33:43 EDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 12:49 PM, Antoine DUCHAMPS
<antoine.duchamps at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mathieu,
>
> Thanks for responding. I think the problem is not the 4th dimension
> ordering in this case, but a problem with voxel ordering of the
> individual 3D files. I did the following test: I took the example
> Examples/IO/DicomImagesReadWrite.cxx and changed InputDimension to 3.
> Then I tried to read just one volume and the resulting image is [896 896
> 1] instead of [128 128 41]. Do you know if the class  GDCMImageIO can be
> used to read 3D datasets?  Is this the expected behaviour?

Do you have the 'gdcminfo' command line output ? Could you send me output of:

 $ gdcminfo /path/to/your/3D/image

GDCM 1.2.x was released ~2005, but it had support for Enhanced MR
Image Storage AFAIK... I do not understand what could be going on
wrong. Columns/Rows/Number of Frames should use the same Attribute.

Ref:
http://apps.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/gdcm/index.php?title=GDCM_Release_2.0#GDCM_2.0.10_.282008.2F11.2F18.29

--
Mathieu