[Insight-users] Problem reading 4D Dicom datasets

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 03:53:32 EDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 9:45 AM, Antoine DUCHAMPS
<antoine.duchamps at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is the output of gdcminfo* for the first volume of the sequence.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> antoine.
>
> * I've used gdcminfo of gdcm 2.0.10 since I didn't find it for gdcm
> 1.2.x
>

> MediaStorage is 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.4 [MR Image Storage]
> TransferSyntax is 1.2.840.10008.1.2.1 [Explicit VR Little Endian]
> NumberOfDimensions: 2
> Dimensions: (896,896,1)

So indeed your image is 896x896, no doubt about it.

My cristal ball is telling me that you are dealing with SIEMENS MOSAIC
file. Is this correct ? If this is correct simply use the gdcmtar
(same location as gdcminfo you just used) to split your file into a
valid multiframe DICOM file.

http://apps.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/gdcm/index.php?title=Gdcmtar

It wil properly discard any black frame out of the final multiframe DICOM file.

HTH
--
Mathieu