[Insight-users] 2D rigid registration problems

Auron Ford Huton auron at hotmail.es
Thu Apr 23 10:17:57 EDT 2009

Hi everybody!!

I´m an ITK newbie who is triyng to do a 2D rigid registration, so my apologizes if I say some stupids things below :P.

I have compiled and executed all the examples from ImageRegistration1.cxx to ImageRegistration9.cxx of ITK with the brain images that can be found in the Data directory of ITK and all works perfect. But, when I try to use that examples with my images (2D .png images taken from a citology), the results are far away from the expected ones.

I also did a program that uses an AffinTransform with a MattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetric and I executed it with all the possible variations in the parameters that define de metric or the optimizer, with no results too.

Any ideas of which could be my mistakes???

I don´t know if it is enough information for you to help me. If not, let me know and I will reply with all the information you need.

Thanks in advance to everyone.