[Insight-users] WrapITK 0.3.0 on Win64 with VS2008 SP1 and ITK 3.14

Charl Botha c.p.botha at tudelft.nl
Mon Aug 3 07:32:39 EDT 2009

2009/8/3 Charl Botha <c.p.botha at tudelft.nl>:
> ------ Build started: Project: VXLNumericsIdx, Configuration:
> RelWithDebInfo x64 ------
> Generating wrap_vnl_vector_ref.xml
> Support item Vc9/Include is not available:
>  checked "C:/build/jwd/inst/CableSwig/lib/CableSwig/share/gccxml-0.9/Vc9/Include"
> Could not determine GCCXML_FLAGS setting.
> Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from
> "Generating wrap_vnl_vector_ref.xml"
> Build log was saved at
> "file://c:\build\jwd\build\wrapitk-build\Libraries\VXLNumerics\VXLNumericsIdx.dir\RelWithDebInfo\BuildLog.htm"
>
> Shortly after starting a WrapITK 0.3.0 build on Win64 with VS2008, I
> get the error message above.  In my CableSwig install dir, I have in
> the share/gccxml-0.9 a number of directories for different compilers,
> but no Vc9.  I do have a "VcInstall", no other dirs starting with Vc.
>
> What is the correct way of fixing this problem?

Turns out I had to run CableSwig\lib\CableSwig\bin\gccxml_vcconfig.bat
from my CableSwig 3.14 installation directory.  This creates the Vc9
dir in the right place.

This raises two new questions:
1. How important is it that I run this command from within a visual
studio configured command window? (w.r.t. environment variables and
what not... this is on a win64 image)
2. Shouldn't this be run as part of the installation process?

Thanks again,
Charl