[Insight-users] mesh parameterization

Arnaud GELAS arnaud_gelas at hms.harvard.edu
Tue Aug 4 11:26:08 EDT 2009

Hi somesh,

There is code available in ITK for planar mesh parameterization: it
creates a one to one mapping between one 3D mesh and a 2D planar mesh.
The one to one mapping means that a point (not necessarily a vertex) in
the 2D domain have only one image point on the 3D surface mesh.

Please have a look at this paper:
http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/202

I am not sure to fully understand what you mean, do you want to remesh a
given mesh (resample)? Do you want to generate a multiresolution mesh by
remeshing?
If you provide more details regarding your project, I may point you to
some piece of code, or to some good references.

HTH
Arnaud