[Insight-users] Python Wrap_ITK and registration of Nifti files

Malsoaz James jmalsoaz at yahoo.fr
Fri Aug 7 14:29:07 EDT 2009

Hello,

I'm quite new in the use of ITK and I would like to create a function to align two images in Python. My files are Nifti files with this specific dim: [5, 256, 256, 124, 1, 1, 1, 1].
I have a list of Nifti files and I would like to take the first one as reference to align the other on it using a rigid transformation.

I have been able to install ITK with the option wrap_ITK and the 'import itk' in Python is working.

Now, I would like to work on my registration problem. I have seen an example called "ImageRegistration5.py" in the folder examples which normally is used to align 2D images with a rigid transformation (very close from what I desire, except for the dimension, I'm working with 5). But the function used in there are not available in my python environment (ie itkImageFileReaderF2_New(), itkImageRegistrationMethodF2F2_New(), etc).
Do I have made something wrong with the wrapping? Maybe the fact that I use Wrap_ITK and not CSWIG is the problem.

If someone has worked on similar thing, I would be happy to receive help (ie examples, etc).

By the way, is there any help/documentation about WrapITK except the google page code?

Thank you
Best
James