[Insight-users] 4-Connectivity of itkMesh (load a PTX file)?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Aug 8 17:25:42 EDT 2009

Hi David,

I would think that it all depends on what you are going to do next
with this data.

The image 2D storage will be more compact and will be convenient
for performing processing that relies on neighborhoods. However its
notions of Origin, Spacing and Direction will be useless, and even
worse, actually misleading.

The storage as a Mesh seems to be a better option... but then we have
less Mesh-based filters than Image-based filters.

Again, it all depends on what kind of operations or algorithms are you
planning to apply to your LiDAR data.

    Please let use know about them,

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 12:30 PM, David Doria
<daviddoria+itk at gmail.com<daviddoria%2Bitk at gmail.com>