[Insight-users] Helo with bspline/mutual information/gradient descent

J.X.J. wat.a.phony at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 19:45:02 EDT 2009

Hi Luis,

thanks for your reply. I have added an observe to the code, the metric value
output seems to oscillate rather than a general increase for decrease in
value. How do you plot the metric values? Is there a way to output the
metric value of each iteration into a text or similar file and I could use
MATLAB to plot it, or is there a way to do that directly from ITK?

Also I've noticed that using Viola and Wells MI is REALLY slow when coupled
with BSpline Deformable Transform. I've tried using Mattes MI which is much
much faster in comparison in the order of 5-10 fold, why is that the case?

And finally (I'm sorry for all the questions, programming in C is not my
forte), I tried using Levenberg Marquardt Optimizer but I get this error but
I compile the code: error C2664:
'itk::ImageRegistrationMethod<TFixedImage,TMovingImage>::SetOptimizer' :
cannot convert parameter 1 from 'itk::LevenbergMarquardtOptimizer::Pointer'
to 'itk::ImageRegistrationMethod<TFixedImage,TMovingImage>::OptimizerType *'

Any help is appreciated
J.X.J.