[Insight-users] Beginner CMake ITK_DIR Problem

Maxima Mustermann Maxima.M at gmx.de
Sun Aug 9 18:39:25 EDT 2009

Hey guys,

I downloaded and built ITK to "D:/Development/ITK_Build"
Now I moved the entire directory to another harddrive and I want to build a HelloWorld example now.

The CMake Makefile is the following:

PROJECT(HelloWorld)
FIND_PACKAGE(ITK)
IF(ITK_FOUND)
INCLUDE(${ITK_USE_FILE})
ELSE(ITK_FOUND)
MESSAGE(FATAL_ERROR "ITK not found. Please set ITK_DIR.")
ENDIF(ITK_FOUND)
ADD_EXECUTABLE(HelloWorld HelloWorld.cxx )
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(HelloWorld ITKCommon)

Now CMake says that it doesnt find "D:/Development/ITK_BUILD/UseITK.cmake" which obviously makes sense, because the directory doesnt exist anymore.
But if I provide CMake with the correct location "E:/ITK_BUILD" there is no difference - CMake completely ignores the ITK_DIR I provide now and constantly uses the directory where ITK was initially built to.
(-> the directory entries in the old CMake files from initial build are not updated to my new dir)

How do I solve this problem?
(provide a ITK_DIR in CMake and CMake uses this ITK_DIR in all other CMake files)

Many thanks in advance