[Insight-users] help about VTK+TCL

Hatice Dogan hatice.dogan at deu.edu.tr
Mon Aug 10 08:04:40 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I am new at the using of ITK and VTK. I downloaded the final release of the binary source of vtk (vtk5.4.2). Then i configure it with cmake by choosing the vtk_wrap_tcl option. Later i build the vtk.sln with visual studio 2003 with release option. Later i rebuild the install. The directory of install is the c:\program files\vtk.

I added the following lines to the system path:
C:/Program Files/VTK/bin;C:/Program Files/VTK/lib/vtk-5.4;C:/Tcl/lib/tcl8.5;C:/Tcl/lib;C:/Tcl/lib/tk8.5;C:/Program Files/VTK/lib/vtk-5.4/tcl;C:/Tcl/bin

I also added the following user variables:

TCLLIBPATH=C:/Program Files/VTK/lib/vtk-5.4
TCL_LIBRARY=C:/Tcl/lib/tcl8.5

When i tried to run any *.tcl file I get the following error massage:
can't find package vtk
while executing
"package require vtk"

I alsa downloaded the vtk5.4.exe from the vtk.org and i followed the same steps, but I get the same error massage.

Please let me know where is my mistake?

Thanks
Hatice