[Insight-users] Segmentation fault with 2.2G data but not with smaller subset

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Mon Aug 10 10:52:27 EDT 2009

This looks like the following bug:

http://www.itk.org/Bug/view.php?id=6840

I have been meaning to fix this, I'll start.

In the mean time you should be able to get around this bug, by not
performing a conversion in the Reader. In this case your file is of
type unsigned char, but you are reading it as a unsigned short with an
itk::ImageFileReader<Image<unsigned short, 3> >.  Followed this reader
by a CastImageFilter or a custom adaptor, should enable you to by pass
this bug.

Brad

On Aug 10, 2009, at 10:38 AM, Sean McBride wrote:

> On 8/10/09 8:41 AM, lynx.abraxas at freenet.de said:
>
>> Is there some way  to
>> find out if itk is compiled as 64-bit?
>
> Your backtrace suggests you are indeed running as 64 bit:
>
> (gdb) where
> #0  0x00000000005916f0 in itk::ConvertPixelBuffer<unsigned char,
> unsigned short, itk::DefaultConvertPixelTraits<unsigned short>
>> ::ConvertGrayToGray ()
> #1  0x00000000005d25be in itk::ConvertPixelBuffer<unsigned char,
> unsigned short, itk::DefaultConvertPixelTraits<unsigned short>
> >::Convert ()
>
> Those addresses are 64 bit.
>
> It could well be a bug in ITK... since you know how to use gdb, I'd
> suggest looking for some code that does something like use a small
> integer type (like int) for storing sizes.
>
> --

Bradley Lowekamp
Lockheed Martin Contractor for
National Library of Medicine