[Insight-users] From a binary image over vtk to blender

lynx.abraxas at freenet.de lynx.abraxas at freenet.de
Tue Aug 11 16:32:28 EDT 2009

Dear Frederic, dear Luis,

I've  never  seen a STL-File-Import in Blender with face colours. Also I would
have to write each label into a separate file as I want each  label  to  be  a
separate object in blender.
But  with  all  Your  help  I succeded in writing a little python script using
wrapVTK and VTKBlender to convert a labeld raw-Volume (vtkTIFFreader  crashes)
into  separate  objects  in  blender. However the colour of VTK is lost during
that process. I don't know why that happens (The examples show colour support)
but since I have separate objects I can easily do the colouring in blender.

Thanks a lot for all Your help and hints.
Lynx