[Insight-users] Contour vs. Mesh registration

Eliana Vasquez Osorio e.vasquezosorio at erasmusmc.nl
Wed Aug 12 11:29:24 EDT 2009

Hello itk-users,
I'd like to register a contour (polygon composed by coplanar lines) to a
mesh (set of triangles floating in the space).
The contour comes from a cut of the mesh, but the location of this cut
is not known.  The idea is to find the plane that was used to create
this cut.  I understand that for some cases the result is not unique,
such as using a perfect circle vs. an sphere, but just one solution is ok.
I wonder if someone has done this, or something similar, before.

May be using ImageToSpatialObjectRegistrationMethod or
PointSetToImageRegistrationMethod ???

Any idea/suggestion etc is welcome!

Thanks, Eliana

--