[Insight-users] Modified FloodFill iterator (remember regions)

David Doria daviddoria+itk at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 08:44:48 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 1:14 AM, Karthik Krishnan <
karthik.krishnan at kitware.com> wrote:

> A less obtrusive and more trivial change might be to add an overloaded
> constructor to the flood fill iterator that reads :
>
>  Iterator( imagePtr, fnPtr, seedList, exclusionImagePtr)
>
> This constructor would simply look exactly like the other constructor,
> except that it instead of calling InitializeIteration(), (which creates a
> new m_TemporaryPtr), it would set m_TemporaryPtr to exclustionImagePtr
> itself.
>
> What do you think ?
>
> Thanks

Karthik,

I agree that is cleaner than my way, but it would still require editing all
of the Filters that use the Iterator (itkConnectedThresholdImageFilter, etc)
to provide an option to let the user call the iterator's new constructor,
right?

Let me know - if that is the best we can think of I'll code it up.

Thanks,

David