[Insight-users] Improving the BSplineDeformationTransform?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Aug 15 14:54:04 EDT 2009

Hi Motes,

Your understanding on how the BSplineDeformableTransform works
is correct.

The locations of the nodes are never modified.

The registration process only computes new values for the magnitude
and direction of the vectors associated with the nodes.

It may be possible to get more adjustable fields by moving the nodes
as well,... but then you have to deal with a new interpolation for computing
the deformation vectors in all the intermediate locations, and of course,
you should come up with the heuristic on how to move the node locations.

If you want to go down this road, you could as well try the Kernel
Transforms,
which will perform interpolations such as ThinPlate Splines.

In any case,

This will make a great paper for the Insight Journal   :-)