[Insight-users] Default orientation of an Analyze image

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Aug 16 11:36:59 EDT 2009

Hi Wenjia,

Yes,
you will be able to make your programs assume an
identity transform by default if you do:

   - Use itk::Image, and not itk::OrientedImage, and
   - Set ITK_IMAGE_BEHAVES_AS_ORIENTED_IMAGE = OFF

Note that this is just to recover the previous behavior of your
code, however, it will be very dangerous to use this configuration
for any clinical application in which you need to produce reliable
locations associated with the image data.

E.g. Don't do this if you are working in surgery planning or
       surgery guidance.