[Insight-users] Reading and Writing Images-Image Type Conversion

Oleksandr Dzyubak adzyubak at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 12:59:53 EDT 2009

Most likely you are the MS Windows user.

1) Create a new directory lets say "Gideon".

2) Copy your executable "write_tiff.exe" along with you image (lets say
"test.jpg")
 to that directory.

3) Hit the button "Star" and then "Run". In a prompt line type in "cmd".
4) In a console window change directory to Gideon"  using command cd and
qualified (full) path.

4) test whether you are in a correct place by typing a "dir" command.
If everything was done correctly, you should see your files
"write_tiff.exe"  and "test.jpg".

5) Now it's time to run the program.

write_tiff.exe  test.jpg test.tif

6) test whether you are in a correct place by typing a "dir" command.
If everything was done correctly, you should see your files
 "write_tiff.exe",   "test.jpg", and "test.tif".

Regards,

Alex