[Insight-users] is the ITK consistent regarding signed distance functions ?

Amardeep Singh amar.singh at gmx.de
Thu Aug 20 07:44:29 EDT 2009

Hi Oliver

The convention is that signed distance functions for level sets are
negative inside the object and positive outside the object. The Software
Guide is not correct here which made me suffer a lot at some point.
If you look at the header files of the level set code - there it is
written correctly in the comments.
In general, it is always good if you check the Doxygen documentation, as
well, before you start using a new function/class/...

HTH
Amardeep