[Insight-users] bindings to ITK library

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Fri Aug 21 10:00:01 EDT 2009

Le 20 août 09 à 23:17, Rajagopalan Srinivasan a écrit :

> I am starting a project to bind ITK to Ada. Questions - Perhaps
> someone has already done it and if so may I have the binding.
>
> If not any ideas on tools that are available to generate bindings to
> a language like Ada. In particular I have questions about template
> instantiations and their mappings.
>
> Any ideas appreciated. Thanks, srini

Hi,

We have a few bindings at this time, but I'm not aware of any for ADA.
The main tools available are:
* wrapitk, for python java and tcl (and a very preliminary work for
ruby);
* managed itk for MicroSoft .NET framework.

ITK is a huge and highly templated library. It makes it quite
difficult to wrap.
If you only need to access a few features of ITK, it's probably easier
to wrap them in some C function that you will call from ada. If you
want most of the library available from ada, then the best option is
probably to add ada support to wrapitk. Be aware that this last option
would require an important amount of work.

Regards,

Gaëtan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann