[Insight-users] ITK Histogram Equalization Problem!

Shankar Narayana shank.nasa at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 14:45:56 EDT 2009

Hi,
 I am using ITK for my project. When using
AdaptiveHistogramEqualizationImageFilter, I had execution problems. The code
takes too long time to execute and it stops.

typedef itk::AdaptiveHistogramEqualizationImageFilter<WorkImageType>
HistogramEqualizationType;
HistogramEqualizationType::Pointer hst = HistogramEqualizationType::New();

hst =HistogramEqualizationType::New();
hst->SetInput(img1);
hst->Update();
m_GainFilter->SetInput(hst->GetOutput());
m_GainFilter->Update();

When I checked for the HistogramEqualization methods, get output seems to be
inherited from 2 classed BoxImageFilter< TImageType, TImageType
>::GetOutput<http://www.itk.org/Doxygen314/html/classitk_1_1ImageSource.html#63840a3f4d1f4da6e9675da2d4404c52>(void),
ImageToImageFilter< TImageType, TImageType
>::GetOutput<http://www.itk.org/Doxygen314/html/classitk_1_1ImageSource.html#63840a3f4d1f4da6e9675da2d4404c52>
(void).

 So is ITK getting confused between which method to call and getting stuck
there.

 I saw the same kind of question posted on mail list Aug 3, 2005 by
Isebelle. But it wasn't answered. I am facing the same problem.

Regards,
Shankar Narayana (Nasa)