[Insight-users] Who should I trust?

Michael Xanadu xanadu.michael at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 28 08:08:43 EDT 2009

I implemented a Shape Detection as it's described in
ShapeDetectionLevelSetFilter.cxx in the example folder and it works fine. By
accident, I controlled the output of the integrated sigmoid filter, by using
an itkImageFileWriter and by using a vtkImageViewer2 (via
itkImageToVTKImageFilter.txx). I found out that while the file writer shows
the correct sigmoid picture, the image viewer shows just a black output. I
even looked at the pixels by using an itkImageRegionIterator and all of them
seem to be zero?!

How is that possible? Is that usual behavior? Who should I trust?