[Insight-users] Append multiple 2D images to one 3D image

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 08:36:42 EDT 2009

TileImageFilter will do it. From the comments, see the last line.

 * This filter will tile multiple images using a user-specified
 * layout. The tile sizes will be large enough to accommodate the
 * largest image for each tile. The layout is specified with the
 * SetLayout method. The layout has the same dimension as the output
 * image. If all entries of the layout are positive, the tiled output
 * will contain the exact number of tiles. If the layout contains a 0
 * in the last dimension, the filter will compute a size that will
 * accommodate all of the images. Empty tiles are filled with the
 * value specified with the SetDefault value method. The input images
 * must have a dimension less than or equal to the output image. The
 * output image have a larger dimension than the input images. This
 * filter can be used to create a volume from a series of inputs by
 * specifying a layout of 1,1,0.
 */