[Insight-users] How to cast from RGB to short?

Michael Xanadu xanadu.michael at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 31 11:23:24 EDT 2009

Hi Gaëtan,

thank you for your support. Actually, I thought that there's a difference in
the number of segments between using <long> or colormapper for the output of
watershed filter. It seemed to me that I receive more segments by using a
RGB output. I found out that the problem lies in the viewer I use to watch
the images. It had a wrong color level and showed the image to bright, so
that a lot of segments disapeared.
The clue of watershed is, that it delivers no single segment I'm looking
for, but all segments it can find. To extract a single segment, I want to
use Connected Threshold (with seed) afterwards. That was the reason I asked
for help.

Regards, Michael