[Insight-users] (no subject)

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Dec 2 16:04:49 EST 2009

Hi URI,

Thanks for the additional details.

The essential problem is that you are trying to use the Windows
version of CMake in order to configure a project under MinGW.

                            That will not work.

What you must do:

            is to use the MinGW version of CMake.

You have two options:

             1) Install CMake as part of MinGW

or

             2) build CMake yourself in MinGW

For option (1) you can actually check if cmake is already
installed in your MinGW system, by just opening a shell
and typing

                          which  cmake

If you find it, then now just need to delete the  binary directory
where you have been trying to build ITK, and then, start from
scratch by following the LINUX instructions given in the Tutorial

http://www.itk.org/ITK/help/tutorials.html
more specifically in:
http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStarted-I.pdf

For option (2), you can follow the LINUX instructions for building
CMake.  They come down to:

      a) open a shell

      b) download and expand the source code of CMake
          (from www.cmake.org)
          let's say that you expanded it in a directory
          called "cmakesrc"

      b) create a binary directory:
              mkdir ~/cmakebin

      c) enter in this directory
             cd cmakebin

      d) run the configuration
             ~/cmakesrc/configure

      e) build cmake, just by typing
                      make

 When "make" is done, you will find
several executables under the directory
               cmakebin/bin

Note that "ccmake" will only build if you
have the library ncurses installed in your
system.

-----

BTW

It is great that you are using MinGW.

The problem with Visual Studio (and IDE's in general) is
that it hides from developers the details of what actually
happens during the configuration and build process.
I'm sure that you will find MinGW very interesting.

    Please follow the LINUX instructions and let us know if
    you run into any problem.